Social Media Manager
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- £30000 - £35000 + Bens
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
We have a fantastic opportunity to work with the market leading home improvement retailer to completely shape and drive forward the social media agenda at B&Q. We've already taken the early steps to setting up our key platforms, but now is the time to look beyond the day-to-day and identify what's next for our business. We're looking for somebody to help carve out the role for social at B&Q, help us innovate in our use of platforms and utilise these tools for brilliant customer service. If that's you, then get in touch.
About the role
The main responsibilities of the role include;
- Be the absolute advocate of new emerging social trends, platforms, ROI etc
- Push forward new initiatives with a strong business case and a considered implementation plan
- Be an evangelist of social behaviour, consumerism, UGC, peer to peer and be able to spread this within B&Q
- Understand the technical opportunities / limitations within the social space but push for developments within these boundaries
- Develop the social media offering so that Help & Advice resonates in everything we do
- Create new services / initiatives to take our Help & Advice agenda to our customers
- Work with our Customer Service and PR teams to ensure the highest level of Customer Service through our platforms
- Be able to prioritise eCommerce tools such as Ratings & Reviews against other social channels within the retail landscape
- Lead a team and set the strategic direction for Social Media
- Take responsibility for communicating the Social Media message inside B&Q and fighting for funding / support where relevant
- Work with our agency partners to innovate, develop strong relationships and own contractual terms and budgets
The successful candidate is likely to be/demonstrate:
- Experience of working in e-commerce or digital marketing
- Previous experience in a senior social media role, either agency side or client side
- Passionate about new platforms with an ability to critique these and identify those worth pursuing
- Commercial awareness with analytical capability
- A natural predisposition for the online world with a passion for social media and social networks
- A passion for understanding and investigating customer behaviour and how this can improve business performance
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Tenacity, drive and determination to find the right answers from a variety of sources
- An understanding of the importance of brand and how it shapes Social Media tactics
B&Q is part of Kingfisher Plc, Europe's leading DIY home improvement retailer. The group employs over 78,000 people worldwide and has annual revenue of £10.5bn. We are the first retailer in the world, and the only non-US company to win the Gallup worldwide award for outstanding Employee Engagement, picking up the award for the last five years running. B&Q - Build a career in which you can say "I Did That"
£30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits including: Company Profit Share, Pension, Re-location (dependent on role/circumstances), BUPA, Sharesave and Discount Card
We are the largest home improvement and garden centre retailer in the UK, employing more than 30,000 people nationwide. With more than 40,000 great-value products all under one roof, we strive to offer everything you need to successfully achieve your home improvement and DIY projects. More than three million custom...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with B&Q
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this
EMEA Marketing ...