LIMS Application Specialist (Field Based)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The job holder is expected to act as an authoritative reference on the technical aspects of Technidata TD-Synergy products. You are expected to maintain a high level of knowledge across the TD-Synergy product range and to use that knowledge to provide the highest level of support to our TD-Synergy customers.
In doing so the job holder will ensure customers using TD-Synergy are able to do so with maximum effectiveness and optimum performance, promoting loyalty to TD-Synergy products.
The job holder will be expected to demonstrate considerable independence of action in line with the level of autonomy the job entails. A sensible approach to travel and unsocial hours is required.
- Be an authoritative reference on the functional and technical aspects of all TD-Synergy products.
- Participate in activities to provide support to customers and colleagues, including telephone or modem troubleshooting as required and implement escalation procedures where appropriate.
- Monitor functionality against specification, to report software defects to line management and to champion improvements where required.
- Be familiar with the functionality of new revisions of software and plan and implement updates ensuring adequacy of hardware and operating systems for those modifications as required.
- Work with customers and external contractors to ensure that system installations meet the contractual obligations in terms of functionality, performance and integration within the laboratory environment.
- Work at all times within the company code of conduct with particular emphasis on Health & Safety, IT Security policy and in accordance with ISO work instructions.
- Provide technical software application support to customers.
- Perform telephone trouble-shooting using modem and other tools as appropriate. Make decisions and take actions that result in most effective resolution of customers technical enquiries.
- Perform telephone support and take ownership of all requests for support or information initiated through yourself to completion.
- Record any actions in relation to support calls as documented in quality procedures and work instructions.
- Participate in the out-of-hours 365/24/7 on-call rota. With current staff levels this is at 1 week in 6.
- Work with the appropriate Project Manager in the implementation, training and support of new contracts. Monitor and modify the progress to agreed timetables to ensure successful completion.
- Maintain all modules at optimum revision level and update records of system specification and revision status.
- Display excellent communication skills with both customers and Technidata SA – Grenoble- to identify enhancements and suggest improvements, as appropriate.
- Provide cover and support for colleagues as appropriate - holiday cover, illness, training etc
- Assist Support & Training Manager to identify technical training needs for customers and colleagues. Deliver appropriate training where directed.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the preparation of Sales tender responses.
- Inform the Support & Training Manager of situations where customer satisfaction or contractual obligations may become compromised.
- Project a professional image at all times
- Assist or participate in product demonstrations as required.
Skills & Experience
- Degree or relevant professional qualification
Minimum 2 yrs experience in IT system support & implementation, or equivalent Lab experience.
- Proven skills with respect to Microsoft Office products – in particular Word, Excel, Ppoint, Access, MSProject. Knowledge of unix, linux and oracle would be useful.
- The ability to work independently but also to recognise when referral to others is appropriate.
- The ability to establish close and good working relationships with colleagues both within TD-UK and TD-SA
- To establish the same relationships and persuasive skills with 3rd party suppliers and customers alike.
- Ability to prioritise and allocate appropriate resources to resolve issues.
The TECHNIDATA group has more than 210 highly professional employees, on 3 continents, with six entities in Europe, North America and Asia. To support our rapid expansion, we are recruiting in the fields of marketing, software development and support of medical applications. If you are a highly motivated, professio...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with Technidata UK
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this