Revenue Recognition Accountant (US GAAP)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices.
The industry is changing and so are we...
RIM is leveraging the BlackBerry platform through our partnerships, rapid growth of our application developer community and recent strategic acquisitions to ensure that we are positioned at the forefront of mobile computing. It’s an exciting time for us, and you can be part of it.
Share in our success...
BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. With a strong brand and exciting new product portfolio behind us, we are strategically targeting new growth markets to capitalize on our achievements so far and start the next chapter of the RIM success story.
Join a growing and dynamic Finance Team as part of a winning company! Reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting, the RIM Finance Organization has an immediate opening for a dynamic team oriented individual with a sound accounting background and a working knowledge of revenue recognition. The person filling this position will be part of the RIM Revenue Accounting Team and be responsible for assisting the Company with its revenue compliance program, business process improvement, supporting mergers & acquisition accounting and Integration activities and assisting in the operational coordination of the revenue team among other tasks.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Revenue Accounting Team to ensure the month end and quarter end activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparing all required revenue related journal entries for the EMEA region (such as rebate entries, marketing entries, multiple element revenue allocation entries, etc) along with reviewing other entries prepared by other groups impacting the region.
- Preparing all revenue and/or marketing related balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis for the EMEA region.
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager with analyzing the revenue implications of deals that are proposed, analyzing the impacts and summarizing any executed deals/contracts and their impacts on revenue recognition.
- Completing the appropriate metrics tracking required as it relates to the deal process.
- Review, organize and document all incoming rebate and distributor fee contracts through detailed tracking sheets.
- Validate incoming customer invoices/claims against internal data and manage the credit note approval process for claims.
- Maintain historical redemption rates by customer and program.
- Communicating accrued programs and payouts and answering questions to the business and Regional Finance on a timely basis to assist with accurate forecasting.
- Assisting to update the quarterly rebate memo and providing explanations of changes related to the rebate accounts for the monthly Senior Management reporting package.
- Responsible for maintaining regional contract summaries for marketing discretionary funds (MDF) by customer & ensuring the appropriate fund accruals are booked on a monthly basis.
- Partnering with regional sales & marketing, determine what discretionary
marketing activities are being planned and booking the appropriate accruals each
month, ensuring proper GL classification (marketing, COGS, off-revenue).
- Responsible for approving and classifying marketing claims and booking any reclassification or true up entries as required.
- Ensuring the marketing teams have submitted the appropriate backup and are compliant with customer agreements.
- Monitor and track marketing spend and its effect on global revenue.
- Communicating available funds, payouts or expired funds and answering questions to Sales & Marketing as well as to Regional Finance on a timely basis.
- Work with legal and marketing to update historical MDF clauses to be in line with the new approved contract template.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working in a financial and accounting capacity
- A solid financial accounting background in U.S. GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition
- An accounting designation or near completion of an accounting designation
- Strong financial analysis skills and ability to convert to actions/recommendations
- A working knowledge of leading business intelligence products i.e. SAP Business Objects and/or IBM Cognos, etc
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in drafting policies and procedures
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with change and implement change management
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
© 2012 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType®, SurePress™ and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
BlackBerry, a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices. The industry is changing and so are we... Through o...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BlackBerry
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this