Test Lead, Programmes and On Demand - Publishing Services
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
The Publishing Services team sits within the Programmes & On Demand (POD) department, part of the wider Future Media (FM) division, and develops and supports metadata ingest and transformation applications for BBC Programmes metadata, and a family of HTTP metadata APIs that power iPlayer and other BBC websites as well as B2B services to Virgin, Sky, BT and many others.
POD is responsible for BBC iPlayer and the BBC’s Radio & Music proposition on PC, mobile and TV. The team also builds services used across the BBC including social and media playback, plus the Red Button and other TV and mobile platform activities.
You will have the opportunity to help shape the quality excellence of these products. This is an opportunity to help shape a team whose delivery will have a major influence in the industry sector.
You will manage a team of approximately 3 - 5 experienced testers, and as well as evolving current QA standards, will play a lead role in the introduction of Continuous Delivery and a more agile, decoupled development, test, release model between Publishing Services and the client systems.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate the following technical skills and knowledge:
- Ability to work with stakeholders, perform business analysis and produce Acceptance Criteria (Mastery)
- Ability to write excellent quality code. Understanding of patterns, composition over inheritance, refactoring. (Mastery)
- Good understanding of version control systems. Experience in using SVN. (Leadership)
- Skilled use of de-bugging tools, ability to analyse stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts (Competence)
- Good understanding of CI and experience of using a CI system, ideally Hudson /Jenkins(Competence)
- Ability to pair with developers with a range of ability and knowledge (Mastery)
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (Leadership)
For more information and the full job description, please visit our careers site.
To apply, please click on the Apply button to be redirected to the BBC website.
Closing date: 12 August 2012.
The BBC’s unique position as a public service broadcaster brings both big opportunities and big responsibilities for the people that work here. If you join us, we’ll expect a lot from you – but you’ll have the chance to work in a role that will challenge and stretch you. Career devel...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BBC
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this