User Experience (Senior) Designer (BBC World Service)
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
We are looking for a talented User Experience Senior Designer/Designer with specific knowledge and experience of responsive design and mobile experiences coupled with an appetite to meet a design challenge. For this role you’ll need to posses the ability to transform creative ideas into practical solutions that build on your strong technical knowledge (excellent CSS &HTML)
You will be joining the BBC World Service UX&D team which is responsible for a portfolio of digital activities, developing news sites and mobile services in 27 languages for worldwide markets. We are engaged in the design of products within a fast paced editorial environment and our work focuses on localisation. We work closely with journalists, software engineers and producers to provide a user centred design perspective for the World Service portfolio of products. The role also offers opportunities for work on projects within the wider BBC UX&D team.
Our UX&D department is part of the wider Future Media (FM) division. Joining us means you will be part of an innovative and supportive community of user experience designers, working with technical and editorial teams to make products that touch the lives of everyone in the UK and the rest of the world.
- You have an outstanding portfolio you can share with us. Ideally it shows work on mobile, tablets and web.
- You have strong technical knowledge – excellent CSS and HTML and a basic understanding of AS3 and JS.
- You want to get your teeth into fascinating design challenges, and you meet them with excellent design communication.
- Your specialism might be wireframes, user flows and personas, or layout, colour and typography. And maybe there’s something special that you could offer us: we’d love you to be an amazing prototype builder.
- You care passionately about representing the users you design for, and you have an almost indecent curiosity about them. You want to design not just the best thing but the right thing for the whole audience.
- Of course you know how to use Adobe Creative Suite products, but more importantly, you’re happy to pick up whatever new package best suits the task at hand. The same goes for the new devices that your designs might appear on.
- You can pitch your work, and sell it to all sorts of people. You’ll have an instinct for balancing the BBC’s needs with our users’ needs, and you’ll be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives.
- You’ve got a great degree in design – or you have the equivalent on-the-job experience.
- The position is available as a Senior Designer or Designer level dependant on your level of experience.
- For the full job description, including more detail about the Senior and Mid-weight roles available, please visit the BBC careers site
- The role is available initially as a 12 month fixed term contract. Please note that this is a salaried position and not a day rate contract.
- To apply:
- Please upload your CV
- You must provide us with your portfolio, ideally as an online link, or if not then as an uploaded document. Ideally your portfolio will include experience in editorial design of rich content sites.
- We ask an application question which allows you to tell us more about why you think your skills and experience are a good match for this particular role. We’d strongly advise that you take the time and opportunity to utilise this part of the application to tell us why you think you’re the outstanding candidate for this role.
Closing date: 12 August 2012.
The BBC’s unique position as a public service broadcaster brings both big opportunities and big responsibilities for the people that work here. If you join us, we’ll expect a lot from you – but you’ll have the chance to work in a role that will challenge and stretch you. Career devel...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BBC
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this