Interoperability (IOT) Specialist
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Now Expired
THIS JOB HAS NOW EXPIRED.
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices. It’s an exciting time for us, and you can be part of it.
Working within the development organization the successful candidate will be working on cutting edge BlackBerry platforms and high-end test equipment. With responsibility for performing and analyzing protocol and interoperability (IOT) on mobiles across multiple air interfaces such as LTE, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA. Occasional travel will be required to work with different wireless carriers and to help develop good customer relationships.
Candidates will be required to perform analysis of logs to find the root cause of any problems and to work directly with feature designers and Chipset vendor to correct handset code for found issues. The successful candidate may assist with the development of automated test frameworks and protocol stack development to maintain current certification levels for RIM handheld products. The candidate should have good time management skills to handle multiple high priority tasks during peak test and product development cycles. The candidate will also participate in applied research projects providing opportunities to gain further expertise into Wireless protocols and help influence wireless standards.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated or considerable in depth hands on experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in standards development organizations (e.g. 3GPP and 3GPP2) in contribution drafting and analysis.
- Expert level knowledge of wireless communication technologies including LTE, GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA and IP, with the ability to critique written standards contribution and whitepapers.
- Solid protocol stack development and test experience, demonstrated ability to independently root cause radio issues via handset log analysis.
- Demonstrated contributions in mobile phone architecture and system design experience.
- Hands on experience with test tools e.g. various wireless network emulators.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated capability to work across functional teams on multiple projects.
- Detailed ability to correlate and contrast key aspects air interface technologies.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp and learn new technical concepts.
- Definition and implementation of key performance indicators between products.
- Availability for periodic international travel.
- Technical team leadership experience.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
BlackBerry, a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry. Today, we are ready to set the industry alight once again, with the launch of the BlackBerry® 10 OS and our next generation of leading edge mobile computing devices. The industry is changing and so are we... Through o...View This Employers Profile >>
Latest Jobs with BlackBerry
Submit your CV*
Not for you? Share it!
Other Jobs like this